The project is coming along nicely.
I decided to take a shot at thermal soaring. But before implementing the physics, I like to have a good visual model of an actual thermal sailplane. This makes testing and debugging simpler (and more fun).
This time I didn't start from a real airplane, but did a model that just looks like a lot of things that are out there.
The model is pretty basic and will get an electro motor (that's easier to model than a tow-plane :-)). Next up: texturing.
Some other things that have seen some progress lately:
- a first version of the installer of the upcoming demo;
- an on screen menu system that allows toggling some functions while in flight;
- improved wind effect. The wind now also effects the smoke;
- a 'cinematic' camera that gives some dramatic viewpoints of the airplane in flight;
It shouldn't be long now before I can release a demo!