The beta containing the aircraft editor has been out for almost two months and already lots of add-on planes are appearing. I'm very pleased the editor has been so well received.
The idea of this blogpost is to create an overview of airpanes that have been created and that I know of. I will try to update this post every once in a while with links to new planes. All these airplanes have been created and are being distributed by generous users, so feel welcome to express your gratitude to them.
And now for the list (in order of appearance):
- Gary Gunnersons's RC Desk Pilot Models: great planes built with an eye for detail
- Eves (RCGroups): Eves conveniently posted all his models on his RCGroups blog
- Frankfly's planes on RCGroups: Franky creates airplanes faster than I can type, so browse the linked thread and find lots of Franky's creations.
- Elam_Serber has created a detailed jet F-4E Phantom II model.
- Kepa built a very nice Avro Vulcan with working bomb bay doors!
- A very nice E-Flite Apprentice from mariopilot808.
- This is a must-have: a collection of Parkzone Radians by Eves and Metman.
- An E-Flite Magister by servohobby (Dutch site).
Installing add-on aircraft
Most add-on aircraft come in the form of a .zip package containing a single folder with the new aircraft. Extract the contents of the .zip file to the folder "My Documents\RC Desk Pilot\Aircraft" which has been created during installation. Restart the sim and the new aircraft should be in the list!